- 2x Fabscraps Burlesque Collection C44 004 (for concertina)
- 1x Fabscraps Burlesque Collection C44 005 (for the small rectangles in center 5cm x 10cm)
- 1x Fabscraps Burlesque Collection C44 008 (for larger squares 10cm x 10cm)
- 2x Fabscraps Burlesque Collection C44 004 (for the cover and inside)
- 1x Fabscraps Burlesque Collection C44 002 (for matting photos)
- 1x 30cm X 30cm piece of chipboard
- 1 Meter of Black Ribbon (to tie booklet)
- 1 Meter of Bling Ribbon code RIB1 004 (for cover)
- 1x Bling buckles (for ends of ribbon tie for Booklet)
- 2x DC44 018 Martini Glass chipboard (for cover and inside of cover and back cover inside)
- 1x MC44 001 Burlesque journal tags (for covering martini glass, tickets and tags for center rectangle)
Other Tools Needed
Double sided tape, craft glue, craft knife, steel ruler, scoring tool, cutting mat, scissors
How to Assemble the Concertina Booklet
- Using your craft knife, cutting mat and ruler cut 2 of the same C44 002 so that each measure 25cm x 30cm. This will form the concertina backing of the booklet.
- Measure 5 cm intervals along the 2 pieces of C44 002 and score each straight down the 25 cm length.
- Begin to fold the scored card in alternating directions (the cream side of the double side as the top, print at the back) so that the concertina is achieved.
NB. Make sure you start with the fold pointing away from you on both pieces of paper.
- In the centre, join the 2 folded pieces of the C44 004 by overlapping the first fold. Then tape together as accurately and as carefully as you can.
- For the inside flaps that appear to ‘pop-out’ when the booklet is open.
Cut 8 squares from C44 008 10cm x 10cm
Cut 4 rectangles from C44 005 5cm x 10cm
How to Assemble the Album
Start from the bottom, working up while sticking on the flaps; this prevents any slight miscalculation in measurement from becoming a problem. Take a 10cm x 10cm flap and tape to the bottom of surface 3 (see diagram). Half of the flap only should be stuck down, while half should protrude. Then follow with a 5cm x 10cm flap, adhering directly above the square, but in surface 2. This is the center flap. Finish length with another 10cm x 10cm flap, but sticking this also on surface 3. The effect should be alternating flaps on the folds that move freely while unfolding and folding the concertina backing.
- Cut your chipboard into 2 pieces, measuring 11cm x 26cm for the cover.
- Simply cut your piece of C44 08 in half lengthways, which provides 2 pieces of paper to cover the chipboard covers.
- Cut and wrap the paper over the cover board and stick with double-sided tape.
- Tape completed pages to covers as central as possible.
- Cut 2 pieces of the C44 008 each 10cm x 25cm. These are then taped carefully over the inside of the covers to hide tape, etc.
- Glue ribbon on to the back with craft glue or double sided tape in the centre of the back cover, attach the bling buckles to the end of the ribbon and tie in a bow.
- Embellish the front and inside cover and inside back cover with martini glasses on bigger flaps
- In the inside of the concertina album mat photos and attach on smaller rectangles. I used the tags and tickets from the MC 44 001 burlesque journal book to embellish.