C90 Christmas Snow
C88 Floral Dreams
C87 Journey in Time
C86 Mother Earth
C85 Shabby Rose
C84 Vintage Elegance
C82 Beach Bliss
C81 Zooty Cuties
C79 Christmas Memories
C78 Jungle Mist
C76 Country Kitchen
C74 Floral Delight
C72 Beach Affair
C71 Elegant Chic
C70 Royal Baby
C68 Oh! Sew Beautiful
C67 Industrial Chic
C66 Gentlemans Club
C65 Retro Twist
C63 French Heritage
C62 Country Living
C61 Angelic Christmas
C59 Wild At Heart
C58 Milkshake Chic
C57 Baby Bear
C56 Little Peeps
C55 Romantic Travel
C53 Marie Antoinette
C52 Enchanted Gardens
C43 Vintage Baby
C41 High Tea
C31 Timeless Travel
C30 Shabby Chic
For This Project You Will Need
- FabScraps – Angelic Christmas Collection – I Believe Paper C61 002 (purple) 12x12 sheet
- FabScraps – Angelic Christmas Collection - Festive Bells C61 004
- Black Paint, Silver Paint
- Adirondack Acrylic Paint - Silver Metallic
- Mica Flakes
- Wooden fence
- Plastic toy skeleton and skull
- Cardboard or dimensional tape
- Black cardstock - 2 sheets 12x12
- Bat embellishments
- Wooden house / chipboard house
- Black marker – fine tip
- Black ink and black mist
- Texture stamp
Download (2.4MB ZIP)
- House Preparation: Paint the house black. I used both black gesso and black spray paint.
- Cut walls using sheet of FabScraps Angelic Christmas Collection – I believe paper C61 002. Lightly ink the edges of each wall. Glue the paper to all the walls.
- Cut door frame and window frames from FabScraps Angelic Christmas Collection – Festive Bells paper C61 004.
- Draw lines in the shutters with a fine tip black marker and glue shutters in place.
- Using a texture stamp, add some black stamping to the walls as desired.
- Roof/Shingle Preparation: Cut 0.5" strips of black cardstock. Set half the strips aside. The second half will be backed with either cardboard strips or dimensional tape. These will be used to achieve a dimensional and varied look to your shingles.
- Cut all the paper strips into sections varying from 0.5" up to1in. Add extra interest to your roof by cutting the pieces on angles, adding jagged edges and making some of the shingles unique.
- Glue the shingles to the roof by starting at the bottom of each roof section. Alternate by gluing a dimensional shingle, then a flat shingle next to it. When the bottom layer is complete, add the next layer making sure to overlap on top of the layer below it. Alternating your shingles.
- Once all shingles are on, you can fill in sparse places on the roof as desired.
- Glue mica chips on roofing as desired.
- If cardboard is showing on the roof, touch up with black spray paint.
- Finishing Touches: Paint wooden fencing with silver paint and add a touch of black paint to distress. Glue to sides of the porch.
- Glue plastic toy skeleton to the porch.
- Spray flowers with a light black mist to grunge up – not totally discolor. Glue to porch and add one red rose to the skeleton.
- Tuck a small plastic skull to the floral cluster.
- Cut small pieces of cheese cloth and glue to the roof and windows for spooky cobwebs.
- Finish by gluing bats to the roof.