Baby Room Mini Chest of Drawers
- 1x small chest of drawers (from any craft shop)
- 4x bottle caps
- 1x resin stickers ST43 006
- 2x sheets vintage baby collection C43 007 (cut out teddy to use on the top of the box)
- 2x die cuts DC43 024 Baby Romper
- 1x die cuts DC43 023 Bottles
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat
- Wood glue
- Decoupage sealant
- Strong craft glue for metals
- Dark green craft paint
- Brown chalk
- Dimensional glaze
- Paint the chest of drawer edges with the dark green craft paint and leave to dry.
- Then paint the sides, the back, inside and all edges of the drawers, leaving only the front side without paint.
- After the paint has dried properly, cut a template of the fronts of all the drawers. Color the edges with brown chalk and then glue to the fronts of the drawers using the wood glue.
- For the sides of the chest of drawers, cut a template, color the edges and set aside, then cut the top shelf sides and base templates, color the edges and set aside. Glue on using wood glue.
- For the back of the chest of drawers, cut a template, color the edges and glue on using the wood glue.
- Once all glue has dried, seal the box with decoupage sealant, giving it approximately 4 coats depending on the amount of sheen you would like to achieve.
To decorate, cut the teddy bear from the C43 008 and then cut chipboard to fit at the back. Paint the back of the chipboard dark green. Then glue the teddy on the front using craft glue, seal it with dimensional glaze and left to dry. Once dry, attach the chipboard onto the top shelf at the back with strong craft glue.
Decorate the drawers with bottle caps from the ST43 006 resin stickers in the center of the bottle cap to resemble door handles. Cover with the baby rompers and bottles from the MC43 001 Vintage Baby journal and the die cuts from DC 024 and DC 023 and attach to the drawers in the inside.
This is a great gift to give at baby shower. The drawers may be filled with cotton wool, ear buds, etc.