Card in a Tin
You Will Need the Following
- 1x (9cm x 11.5cm) Gift Card Tin
- 30cm Broad Mint Green Ribbon
- 1x Silver Metal Heart Shaped Lock Charm (E7 007)
- 1x Silver Round Metal Charm (E7 007)
- 1x Small Silver Metal Key with Black Gems (E7 008)
- 1x Large Silver Metal Hey with Black Gems (E7 008)
- 19.5cm Black Diamante Ribbon (RB1 006)
- 19.5cm Black Flower Diamante Ribbon (RB1 002)
- 1x Shabby Chic Paper Flowers Booklet (MC DC 02)
- Mint Green Embroidery Cotton
- 1x Packet small Pearls for Flowers (MP1 004)
- 1x Mini Paper Stack Booklet (MC 0030A)
- 1x Sheet Shabby Chic Stripe (C30 006A)
- Your choice of Decorative Rub-Ons
- Glue Dots
- Craft Glue
- Corner Punch
- Dark Brown Chalking Ink
- Take your Sheet of Shabby Chic Stripe and Cut it into three strips measuring 10cm x 30cm.
- Now measure and draw a line every 7.5cm. You should get 3 full sections measuring 7cm and a small piece left over measuring approx 7cm. Cut the excess pieces off.
- Using a bone Folder, score alone the lines you have just drawn and fold all three of your strips like a concertina fan.
- Now join all three strips together. Make sure you overlap each end when glueing the three strips together.
- You should now have one long piece of paper that folds up like a fan. Now use your corner punch to round off all the edges.
- With your Mini Paper Stack Booklet choose 6 different sheets of paper and cut a rectangle measuring (10cm x 6.5cm) each.
- Chalk all the edges of each piece of paper and stick one on top of each page of your concertina card.
- Place your decorative Rub-ons wherever you choose.
- Using the picture of my project as a reference, take your Black Diamante Ribbon (RB1 006) and cut it into two pieces measuring 6.5 cm. You can break up the remaining piece of ribbon and place it wherever you choose.
- As with the previous step, Take your Black Flower Diamante Ribbon (RB1 002) and cut it into three equal pieces, measuring 6.5 cm each. I used these to decorate the top and bottom of the third and fifth page of the card.
- Follow the instructions on the back of your Paper flowers Booklet. Once you have completed your paper flowers, you can embellish them further by placing your small pearls in the center of the flower.
- As for all the small metal charms, I chose locks and keys as I thought they were appropriate for a housewarming card. You can choose to place them wherever you see fit on your card.
- Now for the lid of the tin. Wrap the lid of the tin with your mint green Ribbon not forgetting to incorporate your little heart shaped lock in the bow. You may want to use your glue dots to secure you ribbon to the tin.
- With the scraps of paper you have left over, write a special message on a tag and place it on the front of your tin.
- Now its tin to glue each end of your concertina card in the lid and the base of your tin.
- And finally, don’t forget to personalize your card by writing a special message to the lucky recipient of such a beautiful hand-made card.