CD Door Hanger
You Will Need the Following
- 1x Old CD
- 1x Sheet Shabby Chic Romance (C30 001A)
- 1x Small piece Modeling Clay, roughly the size of a golf ball
- 1x Rubber Stamp of your choice
- 1x Paper Rose Booklet (MC DC 04)
- 2x Pieces Silver Craft Wire
- 1x Perfect Pearls Powder
- 22cm White Lace Ribbon
- 1x Mint Green Acrylic Craft Paint
- 1x Silver Metal Crown Charm (E7 008)
- 1x Silver Metal Lock Charm (E7 007)
- 1x Silver Metal Heart Charm (E7 008)
- 1x Silver Metal Round Filigree Charm (E6 005)
- 1x Silver Metal Butterfly (E6 007)
- White Diamante Ribbon (RB01 001)
- 1x Packet clear Small Diamantes for Paper Roses
- Brown Chalking Ink
- 3D Glaze for Paper Roses
- Craft Glue
- Sanding Block
- Pencil (to wrap craft wire around)
- Glue Dots for Metal Embellishments
- Take your ball of Modeling Clay and roll it out relatively thin. Be careful not to make it too thin as you will have to press your rubber stamp into it to make a good impression and do not want your clay to crack.
- Once you have rolled out your clay, trim the edges so that it is just smaller than the actual CD.
- Now, using your Rubber Stamp, with a firm pressure, press the stamp into the clay so that it leaves a really good impression of your stamp.
- If you like, your can curl the edges of your clay upwards in different directions for a different effect.
- Put you clay aside to dry while preparing the rest of your CD.
- Using your CD as a template, trace two circles from your sheet of Shabby Chic Romance paper and cut them out. You will use these as front and back covers for your CD.
- With your sanding block, give your CD a good sanding all over on the font and the back.
- Cut 16cm of your White Lace Ribbon and fold it in half. This will act as the handle to your door hanger.
- Glue one end to the front of the CD and the other end to the back of the CD.
- With the remaining piece of White Lace Ribbon, Glue it to the bottom of your CD, like a tail.
- Now glue your round paper discs that you have just cut out to the front and back of your CD.
- Chalk the edges of your CD with your Brown Chalking Ink.
- Now that your Clay is nicely dried, paint it with your craft paint.
- Just before your craft paint is about to dry, dust your clay with your Perfect Pearls to give it that metallic shimmer effect.
- You can now glue your clay to your covered CD and get ready to embellish it.
- Follow the instructions on the back of your Paper Roses Booklet on how to make your two paper roses. Once you have completed your paper roses, glaze the tips of the petals with your 3D glaze and then glue some small clear diamantes on every alternate petal.
- Using your pencil, wrap each piece of craft wire around it to create a spring-like effect.
- You can also slightly bend the wings of your butterfly upwards and add a small diamante between its wings for a little something extra.
- Cut 36cm from your White Diamante Ribbon. Carefully glue your white Diamante Ribbon around the edge of your CD.
- Glue the remaining piece of your White Diamante Ribbon To the center of your CD.
- Now with all your embellishments prepared and ready, use your picture as a guide and glue all your bits and bobs into place.
You can also crop photos or print your photos in I.D. size and add them to your creation. Just have fun with it and make it your own.