Filmstrip Family Album
For This Project You Will Need
- Fabscraps Filmstrip Album
- 4 Sheets of C30 007A Plain cream side
- 4 Sheets of C30 003A
- 2 Sheets of C30 005A Fleur side
- 1 Sheet of C30 006A Stripe side
- 1 Sheet of C30 001A
- 1 Sheet of C30 002A Stripe
- 4 Sheets brown Cardstock
- Any other papers from this range
- Fabscraps Pewter Embellishments – Happy/Baby/Grandfather/Grandmother
- Stamps and Ink
- Bottle top
- Ribbons / Pearls
- Fabscraps chipboard words
- A few sheets of the flower book
|Page 1||Back||1 x 10 x 15cm|
|Page 2||Front||1 x 10 x 15cm / 4 x 4.5 x 5cm|
|Back||1 x 10 x 15cm / 1 x 7.5 x 10cm|
|Page 3||Front||1 x 15 x 20cm / 1 x 4.5 x 5cm|
|Back||2 x 10 x 15cm|
|Page 4||Front||1 x 15 x 20 cm / 1 x 7.5 x 5cm / 1 x 4.5 x 5cm|
- Take the first page of the Filmstrip album and place it in the corner of the C30 007A patterned paper. Trace around the page with a pencil, including the 4 square windows and the little blocks surrounding them. Be sure to trace around the holes for the rings on each of the pages so you know where to punch out the holes.
- Flip the chipboard filmstrip page over and trace around it on the C30 003A patterned paper again in the corner, again around the 4 square windows and little blocks around it.
- Take the Second page of the chipboard filmstrip album and trace around it from the corner of patterned paper C30 006A the stripes including all blocks.
- Flip the chipboard filmstrip page over and trace around it on the C30 005A Fleur side of the patterned paper again in the corner including all blocks.
- Take the Third Page of chipboard filmstrip album and trace around it from the corner of the patterned paper of C30 003A plain turquoise side including all blocks.
- Flip the chipboard filmstrip page over and trace around it on the C30 001A patterned side, in the corner including all blocks.
- Take the last page of the filmstrip album and trace around it from the corner on the C30 002A wide stripes side.
- Flip it over and trace around it on the C30 007A plain cream side.
- Cut around the pages you have traced on the outside of the lines and using a craft knife, cut out the window blocks and small blocks surrounding them on the inside of the lines. Do this until you have all 8 pages cut out. It should resemble the chipboard book. The patterned paper pages should be a little bigger than the chipboard pages, this we will sort out later.
- Now begin with smearing the first chipboard page with craft glue, making sure to get the glue on all the edges and corners. While still wet, place the matching cut out page onto the glued chipboard page and move around until it matches perfectly with edges slightly over. Using your bone tool, smooth the patterned paper on to the chipboard so you have no lumps and bumps. Wipe off any excess glue from the edges etc.
- Continue to do this with all the pages until you have 4 pages all covered on both sides. Leave to dry.
- Once dry, take a strong nail file and begin to file off the excess paper from the edges of the pages using a downward movement. Do this also in the windows and small blocks so that the paper looks like it was printed on the chipboard. Continue to do this to all the pages, dust off and chalk all the edges, including all edges of window blocks big and small!
Now your book is ready for your Photos and embellishments!
Front: Thread your sheer cream ribbon through the holes and tie a bow. Using your computer, find a saying that you like for the cover of your book and print it onto C30 007A Cream. Cut out your saying and raise it then mat on the turquoise and then onto the dark brown. Remember to chalk all the edges of the paper. Adhere to the front cover of your book. Embellish as you wish with pearls etc.
Back: Cut your photo to 12.5 x 10 cm and mat on cream C30 007A – 13.5 x 11cm and then on the dark brown cardstock – 14 x 11.5cm. Adhere on top of the page above windows leaving space for ribbon etc. Thread the ribbon of your choice through the Fabscraps pewter HAPPY embellishment and glue under the photo.
Front: Cut your photo to 12.5 x 10cm and mat on cream C30 007A – 13.5 x 11cm and again on brown cardstock – 14 x 11.5cm. Place on the top of the page as per example, making sure it lines up with the photo on back of page 2 which is opposite. Now using your 4 small photos 4.5 x 5cm, mat the photos with the turquoise C30 003A - 5 x 5.5cm and then in dark brown cardstock 6 x 6.5cm. Adhere in place using the front page to make sure you can see the photos through the 4 front windows.
Back: Cut a mat in Turquoise C30 003A (15 x 11cm) and chalk, then one in the dark brown cardstock (16 x 12cm) and adhere to bottom of the page brown first and turquoise on top. Adhere photo (14 x 10cm) at an angle or as you wish. Now mat smaller photo (7.5 x 10cm) and mat on brown cardstock and adhere as per example overlapping the bigger photo and mat. Using Fabscraps embellishments, (Pewter frame with Girl) adhere between the 2 overlapping photos. Using a dark brown paint, paint the word you would like to use for your page and then dry brush over it with a little black paint to give it an old wood feel. Adhere across the top of the page or as you wish. Now using a sheer cream ribbon, weave the ribbon in and out of the small holes and the same over to the other page where you can tie a pretty ribbon. In the right hand bottom corner of the page, either adhere another photo, stamp some words, or just embellish with hearts etc.
Front: Make up 2 flowers from the Shabby Chic Flower book and put a brown medium pearl in the middle. Mat your photo with turquoise from C30 003A and then with Cream from C30 007A and lastly with dark brown cardstock. Remember to chalk all your papers in brown. If you use a large photo (15 x 20cm) as in the example, cut around the window space as done in the example. Adhere your matted photo onto your page, followed by the 2 flowers in the top corner and then using a stamp of your choice, stamp above the photo using brown ink – as per example – Treasure! Now using a sheer cream ribbon, weave the ribbon in and out of the small holes and the same over to the other page where you can tie a pretty ribbon. Take your small photo (4.5 x 4.5cm) and mat on turquoise and dark brown. Adhere on the corner of the larger photo just under the window space on this page being sure to place it in such a way that when you place the 2nd page on top you can see the photo clearly in that pages window.
Back: Take your photo (10 x 15cm) for the top of this page and mat (16 x 11cm) on left over cream paper and then onto brown cardstock (16.5 x 11.5cm). The photo on the bottom I cut to 9.5 x 15cm and the cream mat (10 x 15.5cm), and then mat on brown cardstock (10.5 x 16.5cm). Adhere matted photos to the page letting them overlap slightly on the corner. Using the pewter Grandfather and Grandmother Fabscraps embellishments, adhere these to the page and photo as per example. The Grandmother embellishment has a place on either side where you can tie on some ribbon of your choice before you adhere in place. Again finding either a rub on or a stamp with a applicable saying, place in the space available on the left hand bottom corner of the page.
Take your large (15 x 20 cm) photo and mat on turquoise and then on cream. I have trimmed my photo to 13 x 20cm so may turquoise mat is 13.5 x 20.5cm and the cream mat 14.5 x 21,5 cm and then the brown cardstock 15 x 22 cm. Adhere the photo in position to the bottom of the page and then using the BABY Fabscraps Embellishment adhere to the photo. Take your smaller photo (5 x 7.5cm) and mat on the turquoise (6.5 x 8 cm) and then on the brown cardstock (7 x 8.5cm). Adhere across the right hand top corner of the bigger photo. The last photo (4.5 x 5cm) mat on the turquoise (5 x 5.5cm) and then the brown cardstock (5.5 x 6cm). Using page 3 to help you place the photo in the right place, adhere the photo in place on the top left hand corner making sure that you can see the photo clearly in the window. Using a Fabscraps word of your choice, paint the chipboard word with dark brown and then dry brush over it with black for the wood look. Adhere in place at the top of the page. Lastly using the sticker from ST30 002, place the sticker into a bottle top and then glue on the bottom right hand corner of the photo.